Thursday 5 March 2015

Mentari Book Review Show 2015

“ Mentari book review show 2015 “
On 27th February, the Junior High students held their book review show. Grade 8 started their show at 7.45. The ESL students began first. The hosts were Grecia and Reynaldi. They discussed about ‘The Holes’ novel. Some of the junior high students performed their talents. They took turns while the new segment started singing, playing keyboard, dancing, and playing violin gave the performers big applause and cheers.

Grade 8 EFL students proceeded the show by talking about another novel that they’ve read. Vianca and Bastian became the hosts and they did it very well. They spoke English fluently and answered sensibly that made me, “Whoa!”. They were really talented for entertainment.

I wore tosca dress, while Phoebe didn’t. It annoyed me very much, as another girls hosts wore graceful dress. I started biting my nails signifying I was nervous because it was my first time to be a host. I sat on a white chair in front of the audience, grade 6, grade 7 and grade 8 students. I imagined I sat there staring at their eyes like a clown. I tried to keep calm and tried to enjoy the show.

The Grade 7 EFL students discussed about “ The Boy In The Striped Pajamas “ novel. All EFL students became the interviewers. I asked them questions while my body started trembling. I didn’t know why should I do that because I’m not shivering as the show place was really hot.

I got many knowledge and experiences to perform as a host properly and confidently. I wished Vincent wanted to be Phoebe’s partner next year. It should be a boy and a girl. So.. it’s a memorable day for us, even though I’m not in really good mood. 


- Gabriel (Adzra) 

No comments:

Post a Comment